Kick start program
- I have or have had pain and I am worried about exercising
- I feel lost about exercising, I don’t know how to start
- I feel overwhelmed and stressed, I need help to get me started.
- I wake up every morning with pain and it makes me feel unhappy about my body
- I have tried different things but it doesn’t last
- My posture is holding me back I know I need to become strong but I don’t know how
- I don’t like going to the gym and I don’t even like exercising
- I know it takes some time to get results and I need some flexibility to implement exercising in my busy life
- I have a long term condition, I know consistency is the key to solve my problem
- I feel sick of pain and it is stopping me for living my life
- I am worried about exercising I need someone to make it safe
- I feel overwhelmed and stressed I need help to make me feel in control of body
The Wake Up Strategy
- I feel so exhausted, sluggish
- I feel like running after time
- i feel the responsibilities i fought for so hard to get are taking over everything in my life and make me feeling unhappy about myself
- I feel I lost control of my life
- I compensate with “pleasure” eating, alcohol and distractions .. I need someone to help to get myself back
I met Vanessa following a long hospital admission after being diagnosed with a blood clot in my lung 3 years ago. From being fit and able to do boot camp classes 4 days per week, I was left unable to walk down a corridor without getting breathless- at 24 this isn’t where I wanted to be. I also suffer from chronic pain due to autoimmune condition and find it difficult to find a healthy balance where I can keep myself fit yet make sure I don’t over do it. Vanessa knows exactly how to do this for me! Over the years she has taught me how and has got my fitness levels back up to almost where I was before I got sick. Vanessa always kept me motivated and made my sessions fun and helped me to set realistic goals. Despite these goals, she always adapted her exercise programme to my ability that day – some days I can do more and others less and she understands. Just by looking at your posture and your movements she knows what muscles are weaker or overworked and she makes you aware of your unhealthy habits, which contribute to this. I have seen 4 physiotherapists, and to me Vanessa has helped me more than anyone – both in terms of overcoming physical and mental challenges. I would strongly recommend Vanessa to anyone, especially to those who suffer from chronic pain/ a dodgy back or anything that needs some looking after in a responsible manner.Tanya
I just had my initial consultation with Vanessa and I loved it! I have quite a physical background but have never had a gym membership or a personal trainer before. I went with an open mind and was really impressed. Vanessa was really thorough in the way that she questioned me and assessed me and she picked up on my weak spots instantly. However I didn’t feel judged or overanalyzed and came away feeling clear and positive about what a training plan would consist of and how this would help me in the long run. I would recommend Vanessa to anyone.Holly
Paro came to me 4 years ago with the intention to practice Pilates. She wanted to get stronger and improve her posture. Her major obstacle was, well, her body: she has rheumatoid arthritis meaning that her joints (wrists, ankles, feet) are attacked by her antibodies....
I am 21 years old. I am running with a friend in a forest. The temperature is cool. The sun playing in the trees. The path is full of sand. There are some obstacles for training. Jumping over benches, well easy! CRACK. My foot “falls” in a hidden hole. I feel my...
Remember the Flamingo? I asked you to stand on one leg to see how wobbly you were. Well let’s go a bit deeper into the subject (not the flamingo I’m afraid) but how you can improve your posture by making sure first that your body is stable and safe. I am talking about...