Love your body…
And feel great inside & out
What is Diastasis?
Diastasis, also known as diastasis recti or divarication, is the separation of the stomach muscles. The amount of separation and location within the stomach can vary on the person. A common cause for diastasis to occur in women is pregnancy and when the womb grows it pushes the muscles apart, making them longer and weaker. Diastasis recti can develop gradually over time, and researchers have identified four main causes of the condition. The most common factor is pregnancy, other factors include improper exercise and weight lifting, obesity, family history, age and certain medical conditions all have an impact on developing diastasis.
How can I tell if I have Diastasis Recti?
It is best to seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional to be diagnosed with diastasis recti. However, you can examine yourself at home beforehand if you prefer. To do this, you should lie down on your back with your knees bent. Place your fingers against your stomach, and gently press into the area. If you can feel a gap between your abdominal muscles, then you may have diastasis recti. If you are unsure, please do not hesitate to get in touch. I am happy to answer any of your questions.
- A vertical bulge that appears between abdominal walls
- Lower back pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Discomfort in body movements
- A weakened core
Using the Tupler Technique:
The Tupler Technique is a set of abdominal exercises to strengthen your abdominal muscles and reduce the risk of diastasis recti. The technique includes exercises such as the Diastasis Recti Series and the Tupler Technique Splint, which are designed to strengthen the transverse abdominal muscles and help the abdomen return to its shape.
- You are struggling with constipation, boating after eating
- You are struggling with back pain or hip pain
- You are struggling with a diastasis recti
- You would like to have the strongest core than you would ever imagine
The Tupler Technique 6 week programme
- You want to get the right foundations of the programme
- You want to commit for a short time
TUPLER Technique 18 week programme
- You want the full experience of the programme
- You feel you need the support to stay on track to get the full healing
- You want support in your fitness training in a diastasis safe way
Get in touch…
To find out more about diastasis or if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.